HRCC - Hudson River & Inland NY waters
 ATTN: Anyone affected by Temporary Canal Closures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PBardunias

USA
11228 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  13:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I understand that the Champlain Canal (Hudson River)is now closed from Locks C-1 to C-7 and the Erie Canal (Mohawk River) is closed from Locks E-6 to E-25. That is a BIG stretch. My organization, the Chamber of Southern Saratoga County, covers the area just north of Albany but if anyone needs assistance (finding food, hotels, etc) pretty much anywhere on the waterway we can probably help you out because I have a pretty big rolodex and can reach out to the other counties.

So if you are affected by the canal closures, especially on the Erie East of Lock 8 and the Champlain south of Lock 6, please call or text me or visit the southernsaratoga.org website. My cell number is 518-522-7251.

Pete Bardunias (28' 1980 Carver Mariner "Arcadia", 21' 1975 Glastron V215 (plus a few more toys), Clifton Park, NY) --- Moderator of the Carver Boats Forum, President/CEO, the Chamber of Southern Saratoga County, Board Member, Eastern NY Marine Trades Assn

Audrey II

USA
8992 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  16:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why and for how long are they closed? Is it just due to flooding?

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express
Go to Top of Page

sierra

314 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  17:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CANAL SYSTEM UPDATE

LOCK CLOSURE CHAMPLAIN CANAL LOCKS C1 TO C7

Mariners are advised that the Champlain Canal from Lock C-1 in Waterford to Lock C-7 in Fort Edward has temporarily closed due to high water and excessive current associated with heavy rainfall.

CLOSURE ERIE CANAL BETWEEN LOCKS E20 TO E25

temporarily closed due to high water levels and excessive current associated with heavy rainfall.

Mariners are advised that, in response to updated river stage forecasts by the National Weather Service, the Canal Corporation will begin removing lower gates of movable dams, in the Mohawk River section of the Erie Canal, from Lock E-8 to Lock E-15, this evening.  

Vessels on the upper pools of these locks may become grounded as water levels recede well below normal navigation levels in the coming days.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.45 seconds to load Snitz Forums 2000