Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.
 Regal 2665 Fresh Water Pump Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kel

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  14:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was out on my boat yesterday and discovered that when I flipped switch to on for the fresh water pump - the pump kept pumping (by sound it made) even though all faucets were closed - I did not see any signs of leakage. Also if I opened a faucet it still pumped water out. Water tank meter shows 3/4 full.

Unfortunately had guests on board so I was not able to investigate further. The other weekend when I was on board every thing worked fine. All this happens right after I tell my guests for the first time in years everything is working as designed lols.

I am not sure even where the fresh water pump is located on the 2665. Was thinking maybe water line is compromised somewhere? Maybe its a sign of pump failure? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Ed

Ed K
2005 Regal 2665
Lake Rathbun Iowa

Edited by - Kel on Jun 28 2020 15:27:24

pdecat

USA
37049 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  14:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like it was unable to build enough pressure or the pressure cut off swich failed. Insufficient supply will cause low pressure.

Bleed air from every faucet. Then check the tank level, inlet plumbing screen or filter before messing with the switch and accumulator.

Bruce

Go to Top of Page

Kel

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  15:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruce - I will try what you suggest - as I have 3/4 full water tank - I am just realizing that I have been putting a dropper full of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide in my tank every time I fill it.

What this does is keeps bacteria from growing/smelling up the water - works fantastic btw - one of the side effects (although I would think a dropper would not do so when diluted to a ~20 gallon holding tank) - is it can dislodge the mineral build up on the inside of the tank. So makes me suspect the inlet screen and/or filter.

Ed K
2005 Regal 2665
Lake Rathbun Iowa

Edited by - Kel on Jun 28 2020 15:40:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.44 seconds to load Snitz Forums 2000